Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yearned for wholeness...

There's a quote I got from somewhere and have medtiated on it many times, to the point I can't remember where it comes from. Nonetheless, I share it with you here,

"I want Christ to search me in all the shadows of my yearned for wholeness."

It strikes me that all of us, no matter how we may pursue it or how we may show it, have this yearning (great word) to be whole. I think there are times that we put our yearnings and our shadows on others and so if I've done that to you, I'm sorry.

I also think there are times when we can see the shadows of others and CAN be a help to wholeness, but often charge in like a blowtorch in a toilet paper store, trying to bring light, but only burn everything in sight to ashes. Again apologies extended.

I also wonder if we ever stop to be honest enough with ourselves to realize our yearnings, to listen to our hearts calling, to recieve the gift of ourselves and our passion. Perhaps in the stopping we just may see light in some of our shadows... light that leads to wholeness.

My prayer for those I know is that they allow Christ into their shadows.

2 comments:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Um, I think one of the Starbridge books addresses the whole idea of Christ shining the light into the shadows of our hearts...maybe not where you got the quote, but a good examination of what that looks like nonetheless.

Unknown said...

off the subject... I have been asked to write a second book, altough the first one still has yet to be written... anyways... Mike Shinn told me to write a Missions 101 book - "Expect the Unexpected"

We had 5 flat tires, and 1 flew off...YES FLEW OFF...the van is dragging on the ground... AND while we were waiting for tow truck...my teens found a loaded 9mm.... My teens gave me props for my driving skills...

such excitement....AND on our way back we blew 1 more tire!

Appreciate you and what you are doing with NYC 07... one of my teens wrote a letter to her relatives asking for $$ sponsors...she recieved $25.00 and said, "I attended the very first NYC and want you to have the opportunity go and grow closer to God"