Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Sunday went well....

It has probably taken me the two days up till now to recover fully. I've heard a lot of encouraging things about the teaching/preaching. Best of all a friend who has been doubting a lot has been spurned on to ask more and more questions.

We're preparing for our good friend Dave to come and visit all the way from California. He's so california too. It's quite funny. We'll spend some time together with him kicking my butt on how to do ministry right (he's one of my ministry mentors) and then I'll turn him loose on our youth workers. Then he'll get to go play for a few days with his daughter in Philly. Then right before he jets out of town into the sunset (quite literally I suppose), I'll give him a whack at our district youth pastors. It's called maximizing your time. Actually it's his time. At any rate we're really looking forward to it.

Some of our college kids are home on spring break and many will wind up at my house tonight laughing and talking and catching up. This is all good, but it also begs the question, what are we going to do for these kids this summer? It's true my mind and its questions continue to torment me, allowing little rest and less peace.

No comments: