Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ah, to be a "Christian"

I was watching the new NBC show by Conan O'Brien and his ex-sidekick Andy. Andy is the star and you can download the pilot for free on i-tunes. In the pilot, there is a great joke made in passing. Andy's just started his own CPA firm and has moved into a store front in a plaza with other stores. One of the other stars of the show, who owns the video store with no customers, be-friends him and is showing him around the plaza. He says, "Don't park in front of the Christian book store. They'll tow you."

Ah, to be "one of those Christians".

My eldest daughter has a friend over this last week. The friend brings with her some of her CD's for them to maybe listen to. On the car ride to our house, after picking up her friend, Meg looks through the CD's and says, "I don't know any of these but I'm pretty sure that my mom isn't going to let me listen to this one." (It's a Brittany Spears CD with her half-naked on the cover. Also remember that these girls are 9.) The friend says, "Oh, its okay, she's a Christian." To which my daughter replies, "Just because she says she is a Christian doesn't make her one. Lot's of people say that and it doesn't make it so. If we never act like a Jesus and claim that we are Christians, it doesn't make it true."

Later my daughter received a huge hug from me.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

that's awesome!

we celebrate the faith of our children!