Friday, November 17, 2006

Sharing Faith

I'm in Cinci for the YS convention. Event's great. People's great. Came back to my room to find a tract on how to go to heaven on my pillow... left there from Bo with whom I'm sharing my room (I told him there was a discount on the room if we only slept in one bed, but he didn't believe me). But none of that is what's on my mind right now.

I'm glad we can share faith. I'm thankful that faith in Christ is communal. This week in particular I'm sharing the faith of my wife. I've been struggling with some things lately, really struggling to trust. In fact, I'm still struggling. Carol and I were talking about it Thursday morning and I just realized that her faith was stronger than mine, and so I claim her faith in Christ. I claim it because I want to be there. I claim it because I want to share it. This is what sharing faith is about.

Its like someone in our small group said a few weeks ago... "I sing the songs on Sunday with everyone else, making sure to say the words, not everytime because I believe them, but because I want to and I want to share the faith of those around me." That's what I want too.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

yes.

heartily, i agree.

if A) faith is a gift of God
and B) every gift is for the common good, then C) faith must be something that is shared and celebrated.