Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It's been a wild and wooly couple of weeks here in O-town, Kansas. First and most important is my wife's recent post with pics of our family! Since I know a good portion of you squatters out there (squatters = people who come and see but don't comment, which is fine) stop by only to see if there are any pics or stories of my fabulous children, you'll love these.

But in other news, the small project I'm working on - Nazarene Youth Confernce - Water Fire Wind -had the final week of its initial registration. We had almost 3000 registrations last week alone! This is good, but also means a lot of phone calls, emails, etc. So my office and I have been a tad busy. I do want and need to praise God ofr his faithfulness to us. In the times when I doubted He brought me the Holy Spirit (who often speaks through my wife!) to bring peace and hope.

Our family, including me (see above paragraph for context), has been battling some flu bug that includes fever and vomit. But we have survived and come out stronger!

We are now focusing all of our possible efforts on anticipating as a family the coming Christ. We are trying to "make the way straight" of our hearts for Christ's coming, removing obstacles and anticipating the good he brings. For Advent we have been using this calendar that has very small books in it. Each day leading up to Christmas we remove one of the books and read its portion of the Christmas story and then hang it on the tree. Our family LOVES this small ritual each day!

One final thing... my wife's name is Carol, as in Christmas Carol, because her birthday is Dec. 23rd! We are looking forward to that celebration too. You could drop her a birthday note on her blog!

1 comment:

brad said...

i'll definately catch you at nyc! and yes...merry christmas!