Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Staying? Going? STAYING!

I'm spending the week at home with my kids... it's been great so far. Just enjoying being there for the little and big things. It's a bit of a break as I gear up for the next event and the busyness of the next year. I feel like I owe folks a peak into my mindset on staying at Nazarene Youth International (NYI) for another year.

There were some other options for my family and I but in the end we felt it best to stay here and here are some of the reasons:
- Really felt God has some more to do with us here.
- It is an opportunity to really go for some long term change in the church through these events next summer. We have an opportunity to define "holiness" within the Church of the Nazarene youth and youth pastors and it is an incredible opportunity and responsiblity. I've been reading, studying, praying and talking to all kinds of folks on this issue and will probably post more on it in chunks later, but suffice it to say this opportunity excites me!
- It is an opportunity to further the "emerging" conversation within the Nazbo world from a very local level up through Galactic HQ.
- It is an opportunity to continue working with Dave. I recognize and value the level of relationship we have and its rarity.
- It allows us to stay involved in our community at Jacob's Well.

I don't know if any of those or all of those added up make sense, but I know that God has something for us here and we will wait on Him!

Thanks to those of you who have been praying. Thanks to those of you who continue. Thanks to those of you who might start.

May the Peace of the Spirit be with you this night.
May the Peace of the Father be with you this night.
May the Peace of the Son be with you this night.
May the Peace of all Peace be with you this night.
Amen.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

glad you're here.

Hey, I went to follow Doug Pagitt's blog link and found that he has a new link.

Here it is: http://pagitt.typepad.com/

You rock.