Sunday, January 22, 2006

One of my favorites...

Just weeding out some of my favorites folder and re-stumbled upon a great site www.howstuffworks.com. If you haven't checked it out you should. There is tons of fun to be had for info geeks like me. Want to know how a machine gun works, how about a two-stroke engine, or maybe the cell phone in your hand? It's all there.

I think this is one of the things about us emerging types. We have this constant quest and thirst for knowledge. NPR is a favorite among many. I wonder though how often we miss the humility of the quest of wisdom in search of knowledge and mastery. I know that the quest to master is a modern thought and passion, but I often think that the questions that drive us to true wisdom are easily corrupted by laziness and pride. At least I've found that to be a trap for me. Perhaps that's just my modern heritage bubbling up as it does from time to time.

2 comments:

M said...

Well, I for one am rather disappointed in the site since I couldn't for the life of me figure out how Brian works...

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Rebello is funny.