Thursday, June 22, 2006

Got it... don't got it

I don't know about you and your life of faith. I don't know how your journey has gone, but for me it's just sometimes the most bizarre thing. There are some things that you realize, believe and change you. You think you've got it figured out, you've experienced it and you've got it covered. You've "been there, done that". But then it hits you again and something you thought you had mastered, you quickly realize you have so much to learn, understand, experience.

For example, last Sunday Tim was talking about how everything we need as people we can get from God. But when we don't go to God to get it - love, affirmation, space, purpose, peace, etc. - then we begin to want to get it from other people and impose that on them, instead of just accepting them as they are in love. I know this. I've taught and preached this. But when I heard it on Sunday it was like God let me have ears to hear for the first time again.

It's a wonderful thing to be surprised by God and the things of God. It's great that we can't master them. But man it's goofy sometimes. Maybe no one else has experienced this, and in all likelihood I haven't communicated this very well, but I'd love to know if you're tracking on this at all.

No comments: