Sunday, February 04, 2007

"Crappage"

We are trying to help our kids think about the words they use (I know, "why the departure for your children Brian?"). Anyway, Isaiah has been saying "crap" lately to refer to things he doesn't like. Carol has told him to stop saying that word. So the other day she asked him to get some trash from downstairs and bring it up. He referred to it as "crappage". Carol asked, "what did you just say." "Crappage, mom. I did not say crap." We believe this to be a combination of "crap" and "garbage".

While I'll admit I should be a bit embarrassed or something, there is no doubt a bit of pride in his creativity of language at such an early age. It is true that I will someday probably regret my joy at this moment, but for now that's a bunch of crappage.

No comments: