Monday, March 14, 2005

Dream Chaser

Okay let's get the rough stuff out of the way... I've been a bad blogger. But, in my defense, sickness has been to blame. Really. I was dead to the world for four days (yeah, thanks for noticing) with a bacterial infection. I'm on drugs now and will be fine.

Onto the good stuff... so I'm out chasing a dream. I have been on this journey to find the best life and one of the things a good friend (Kent Groff) said to me recently was, "chase your dreams". And so here I am doing an workshop/seminar on "Ministry to the Emerging Church" at this conference for church leaders. Tomorrow morning is the beginning.

Let me explain a bit. I love talking about and thinking about and doing new things in ministry. I love to dream with people about how we can bring the story that so many are interested in - to them. So I've been a part of this conversation called "Emergent" for almost 5 years now. It all started at a conference I was attending when i heard these two guys (Chris Seay and Mark Driscoll) talking about postmodernity and gospel. Well, it was like the glass slipper that finally fit for me. I connected immediately with the conversation and began hunting (probably not too strong a term) down others in the conversation looking for any meat at all.

And I found it. But the rub with me has been that I've felt like I can't fully chase this vision for new things and for re-imagining old things because my present context isn't exactly in the same place I am. So I've been considering myself a missionary of sorts to the place where I am so that I can bring change (and I have, God has blessed my relationships). This is all good.

So to catch up very quickly to tomorrow. I'm finally at a place where I'm able to talk in depth about the things I love with people who are experiencing similar things that I have or am. It's a dream that I've been chasing. Not that this makes me an expert or even really knowledgable, it just puts me in a place to facilitate others into the conversation and along the way in the conversation. Which is what I love to do... help people realize and live out their dreams. God made me for that I'm sure.

There. A long post to make up for my extended absence. More tomorrow.

No comments: