Sunday, April 24, 2005

Christ... everywhere

I've been reading a bit of St. Patrick lately and have found his prayers especially to be helpful. Here is an exerpt from his prayer later titled "St. Patrick's Breastplate":

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me;
Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ to the right of me, Christ to the left of me;
Christ in my lying, Christ in my sitting, Christ in my rising;
Chirst in the heat of all who think of me,
Christ on the tongue of all who speak to me,
Christ in the eye of all who see me,
Christ in the ear of all who hear me...

For Patrick, God was in everything and so everything they did became a prayer (or opportunity for prayer) from getting up in the morning, to stoking the fires, to work, to sitting down, etc.

My prayer for today is that we would find God in all that we do and everywhere that we turn. Give us eyes to see and ears to hear Lord.

2 comments:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Brian,
I love that prayer by Saint Patrick.

You should check out some of the comments left by some person on my post "Going East". I left my blog open to anonymous comments, and I guess somebody caught what I said and wanted to reply. No names though.

Has some interesting thoughts on culture.

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Bro,
You gotta check out the comment section on my blog by this anonymous dude. He seems to have some interesting thoughts. Seriously, I want to meet this guy.