Sunday, May 01, 2005

Storytellers - draws me in

Have you ever been minding your own business, doing what you do, and then have something - a song, a movie, a poem, a picture, a scene - suck you in? Well I was drawn in last night to VH-1's "Storytellers" with "The Boss", Bruce Springsteen. I have not been a big fan of "The Boss", but last night, I was flipping through the channels and wound up on VH1. The premise of the show, "Storytellers", is that the artist will talk about his/her songs and what's behind them, the meaning of them.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic, but what I saw last night just drew me in and had me literally on the edge of my seat in my living room as Bruce Springsteen talked about and performed a few of his songs. There is just something about the process of telling a story, of conveying truth, that just grabs me. Incredible.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Hey B.
Did you see that D. Pagitt watched the same thing and commented on it...? Yup.

I bet more people watched it than you two, though.