Friday, October 07, 2005

We threw a party

last night! We had all the staff over that work for NYI USA/Canada for a party. It was fun, except the Humberto and his wife could not come. We provided the place/space, some hamburgers and hotdogs, and chips; Dave brought flowers (a regular Renaissance man), chicken for the grill, coffee beans (good thing, cuz I had just run out), and a cake from Dean and Delucca (Chocolate Raspberry!); Sandrine brought an Oreo cake that said "Yay! NYI funtime!"; Amy brought salad; RJ and Angie brought the sodas. It was great! Besides all of the food, we had some great conversations, laughter and of course fun with my children!

Some highlights include conversations about about Johnny Cash (country or rock-n-roll? rock-n-roll - duh and perhaps even the father of rock-n-roll); me rambling to poor RJ about Lesslie Newbigin and how he should be included in all missiology classes; Kate playing with Sandrine's shoes; realizing that RJ's wife, Angie grew up on the same district as I did and was in the same impact team with my sister and knows my brother's wife Jenifer (it is truly a small world afterall - that Jiminy Cricket is one smart dude).

I love having people in our house! I love parties! I love telling stories! I love making friends! I love giving gifts!

Then Carol and I watched Survivor together (yeah Tivo!!!!!!!!). Nice. Very nice.

No comments: