Friday, February 17, 2006

Thought Stuck

I have this concept stuck in my head that is either of Jesus or something else, because it won't go away. In walking and talking with my friend Mark a couple weeks ago, he brought up his efforts in discipling those around him. He is taking a couple guys with him wherever he goes whenever he can. Mark speaks a lot, so this means that he takes them with him on his trips. For one it is a commitment to not being alone. It is also a commitment to share experiences and life in the way of Jesus. This is life in the mold of Jesus and Paul. Find a disciple (or two or twelve) and take them with you into life. On your dime. What would this look like for more of us?

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

Mark is crazy.

You're crazy.

I love the idea. It seems Jesus like.

Not sure how to work it out, though. I've thought about joining some type of service in the city and bringing a couple kids with me each week...just thought about it...