Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cowgirl Boots and Balance Beams

I'm heading to Louisville this week for a conference. If anyone in Louisville would like to hang out, or if you know someone in Louisville that I should look up, I'd appreciate the heads up. I'm hoping to get some reading and writing done this week as well.

Speaking of books, here's what I'm working on right now:

Torture and the Eucharist by Willam Cavanaugh. If you haven't read this, you should.

Re-reading The Church in Transition by Tim Conder. Great book on one community's journey to stay committed to both the missional call of the gospel and to each other.

Just finished Presence-centered Youth Ministry by Mike King

Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni It's been helpful in team building for sure.

I always have with me the Complete Jewish Bible which I LOVE!!! and a great companion piece...

Jewish New Testament Commentary by David Stern.

2 comments:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

enjoy the louis-ville.

read a lot, sleep a lot, laugh a lot.

Scott said...

Five Dysfunctions of a Team is freaky-deaky-leaky sweet (which is the highest attainable level of sweetness...)