Monday, August 15, 2005

Some VERY important updates

It has been a while since I've really filled everyone in on some of the greatest and best moments of our move thus far. A lot of gloom and doom lately, so I wanted to share some other things with you all.

First, today... I rode the bus to work which was fine, but I tried to get on the right bus- but going the wrong way - at my connection and so I was a bit late for work. No big deal though. I learned, but it was a bit humorous to me. Thanks to the nice bus driver for getting me in the right spot.

Second, and you won't believe this one even though it is true, on our move out here we had to stop at this truck stop/gas station off of I-70 just west of Indianapolis so that the fine truck of moving love would stopping beeping at me because it was below a 1/4 tank. As I'm standing there pumping gas, who would come out of the station with a soda in hand but none other than the world famous Rupert from Survivor! So I'm checking him out and saying to myself, is that really him? but of course it was because no one else in the world looks like that all the time. So I call Carol, who was in the Eurovan parked down a ways, and tell her. Now it should be noted that Carol is also a HUGE Survivor fan and was quite excited. She tries to casually "drive by" and see him, but once he saw me get out my phone he got in his car with his friends and then pulled away. I tried to get a picture with my phone, but it would not come out because I was too far away. So we saw 31 other yellow Ryder trucks on our move and had one Rupert sighting... awesome.

Third, you have to see this to believe it. I was visiting this church on Sunday night and saw this sign in the foyer outside the worship space. There has got to be a story behind this. Somewhere there is a proud youth pastor who knows that this sign exists solely because of a game he played one night. Brilliant! I do not have any signs in Bel Air because of me. A couple policies perhaps, but no signs. Bummer.

No comments: