Monday, August 29, 2005

Shirt Size Big, Hat Size Small

Just in case I was thinking that I was really smart, or if anyone else was, just in we have proof otherwise. We decided that we were going to try to go to another church this past Sunday morning. We had talked to some people and there is a relatively new church not far down the street from our house. Cool. I looked at the web site. Cool. It's called Journey of Hope.

So Sunday morning comes around and we head to church. We walk in and it feels a little wierd, a little wrong. We take the kids to their classes, sit down in worship and just kind of take in the scene. As I'm looking around I just realize that this is not a Nazarene church. (After spending my life in them, I just kinda know.) I lean over to Carol and said, "I don't think this is the right church." My always faithful and supportive wife says, "Sure it is. It has to be. You looked it up on the web." We look at the bulletin and sure enough. I had taken my family to the wrong church, "New Journey Church".

Apparently the church we were trying to go to is just a bit further down the road and over the interstate. That's your public education dollars at work ladies and gentlemen. Good reading skills. Follows direction in class.

But wait there's more...
I had a meeting today in Cleveland. We fly out in the morning, return in the evening. No problem. Except that when my palm synced with my work computer, all my appointments were pushed to an hour later. So when I looked last night at what time my flight was supposed to leave it said 7:20am. Oops. While I'm still assuming that I don't have to be there until about 6:20am, so I head out the door. Then I see these red and blue lights in the rear view mirror, surely not for me, WRONG! In keeping with a tradition by law enforcement officers across the nation, whenever I move I must be welcomed in the first month by a state trooper with a ticket. Kansas chose this morning to welcome me!

So then I'm driving to the airport and get a call from Dave, "hey, we're boarding the plane." oh yeah, you're boarding the plane... AAAHHHHH! So somehow I made it to the airport and it looked like I would make it in the nick of time... but no! Security decided that I looked like a threat of some kind and pulled me out to check me. After they discovered that I was indeed not a terrorist threat and allowed me on my way (I think it's the facial hair), I made it on the plane, just barely. Now that's a way to start a day.

I r smert and souport publik educashun.

1 comment:

Josh Kleinfeld said...

hoorah for education and palm pilots.

Technology always lets us down.